Parent and Student Learning Agreement
At MedStart, we help the doctors of tomorrow gain entry into university today. Our mission is to help you excel in UMAT and your interviews so you can secure your place in Medicine and the other Health Sciences. To achieve this, it is essential that you comply with the following conditions of enrolment:
1. I acknowledge that MedStart Pty Ltd is the rightful copyright owner of all electronic and printed materials you have received.
4. I understand that learning materials may only be viewed online through MedStart's Online Learning System and may not be printed, copied or reproduced in any way, including via printed or electronic means.
5. I agree not to share my login and password details to any other person, or to let other people use my MedStart account.
6. I understand that to ensure the safety of my personal details, the MedStart Online Learning System will log recent activity and IP address. This will allow MedStart to monitor access to my account from unidentified locations, preventing unauthorised access to my account.
7. Unauthorised or suspicious usage of our materials may result in immediate suspension of your account. If your account is suspended and you wish to have it reinstated, you may need to provide written request, accounting for such usage.
Attendance and Commitment
1. I will make a serious commitment to the MedStart UMAT Learning Program and will manage my time effectively to ensure sufficient practice for the UMAT exam.
2. I will make every effort to attend all sessions for which I am enrolled, from the scheduled starting time until the scheduled finishing time. If I am unable to attend a class, I will inform MedStart in advance and arrange an alternative class time, subject to availability.
Behaviour and Discipline
1. I will behave in a manner that is conducive to my learning and that of other students.
2. I will not act in a way that hinders the effective teaching of the class, i.e. I will not disrupt the teacher whilst they are speaking, nor will allow my actions to prevent other students from learning.
3. An imperative part of our learning process is respect for the teachers, and respect for fellow students. Whilst healthy discussion is always encouraged, students are expected to be on their best behavior and show respect to fellow members of the class. In the event that a student's behavior disrupts the effective teaching of the class, they will be issued with a WARNING NOTICE and parents and student will have to meet with a class teacher.
4. If a student receives a THIRD WARNING, a meeting will be scheduled with the Centre Manager of MedStart. Persistently disruptive behavior may lead to cancellation of the Tuition Program.
1. I will inform MedStart of my overall UMAT marks, and my mark for each section.
2. I will complete a feedback survey and questionnaire of the course faithfully, upon its completion.
3. I indemnify MedStart against any liability regarding my UMAT results.
4. I understand that all printed materials produced by MedStart are protected by copyright and will not reproduce these materials electronically or by other means.
5. We will provide you with online support until the UMAT exam of 2013, or UMAT exam of 2014 if Extended Access is applicable with Comprehensive or Care course.
6. We reserve the right to use your score comments and feedback in our marketing material.